- Log into your Plesk control panel
- Go to the "Files" menu item on the left hand side
- Navigate to the file or folder which you wish to modify the permissions for
- Click on the whitespace to the right of the name of the folder or file and select the "change permissions" setting.
- From here, and by using the below reference as a guide, change the permissions to what you want them to be, then press the "Apply"
|Owner||The user who owns that file or folder|
|Group||This is for the user group|
|Others||Anyone else (anyone who visits the site). Anyone on the internet|
|Read||Means that the person can read the contents of the file|
|Write||Means that the person can write to the file|
|Execute/Search||Means that the person can execute the files or look inside the directory|